Thursday, December 02, 2004

Birthdays, the SCA, Forclosure property update etc....

This week is hectic. Yesterday was one of my oldest friends birthday celebrations ( we went out to Outback Steakhouse and then went cruising around to look at Christmas decorations ), today is my Mother's and my Aunt's Birthday ( we're taking my mom out tonight to celebrate) and on top of that , we will be vendors at an SCA event, Boar's head , outside of Milwaukee on Saturday. That means having to pack up for the event some time tomorrow and leaving around 5 am Saturday morning to set up.

My mom and her twin sister are turning 69 today. I still have to call in an order for flowers to be sent to my Aunt, we have fresh flowers ready for my mom tonight. There's a great restaurant in Crystal lake called 1776, it's elegant and has a wonderful menu. Over the last few years it has become our restaurant of choice for celebrations.

Next year of course will be the big party/s for the twins 70th birthday. Since they live in two different states I don't believe it will be possible to do a joint celebration. My Aunt's girls will have to set something up for her in Michigan.

We finally heard back from the bank on our last offer, they did at least counter offer this time. Unfortunately their counter offer is still too high. We submitted our final offer , going up by another $20, 000. If the bank rejects it, we go on and look for a different place. With all the work that the house needs , a new roof, foundation repairs, plumbing fixtures, new windows, appliances, etc... It does not make sense to overpay for the property.

Actually, I've resigned myself to not getting the property, knowing the bank we're negotiating with, the way they've responded , or should I say their lack of responses, I don't expect anything for at least two weeks. In the mean time if we find something else we will just withdraw the offer if there is no response by that time.

Baltic Waves




1 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

My dad lives in Crystal Lake and is always raving about that 1776 restaurant. When I was a kid, I believe it was a sort of knock-off KFC-type place called Chicken Unlimited. Times change.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home