Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's Hump Day! (Sort of....)

I love the week of Thanksgiving. We have both Thursday and Friday off, and tomorrow is a shortened workday, Yaaah!!!!! It's supposed to be in the 50's today, the sun is shining, and of course they are predicting lower temps and possibly snow on Thursday and Friday!

I still haven't had the time to make reservations for Thursday, that will be my project during lunch today. Hopefully I will be able to find someplace close by that will serve a traditional Thanksgiving lunch/Dinner and not have it cost an arm and a leg.

Well I found a place close by, it will have the traditional fixings plus Roast beef, Pasta, ect.. $19.95 per person. Since there will only be four of us it still beats having to do the cooking, cleaning, etc... I know , I know, I could do it cheaper at home, but I really don't want to.

I am excited about being able to finish up my fall projects for the outside this weekend. The icicle Pansies have been planted, the ponds have been winterized , we just need to get the lights up on the roof , deck, and evergreen shrubs to get them ready for Christmas. Of course none of the lights or other decorations actually are lit up until after Thanksgiving!

Speaking of icicle Pansies, they are the neatest flowers. They actually bloom throughout the winter, even in the snow. We have terraces of flower beds in front of the house and it looks so pretty in the winter to see them blooming when everything else is dead and covered with snow! They are really nice in the springtime, we have Pansies in the front of the terraces and Tulips, daffodils, and Crocuses throughout the rest of the flowerbeds and throughout the lawn.

It seems almost as if everyone is slowing down for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, even the news seems to be slow today. Two things I'd like to mention.....On a positive note, Dan Rather is stepping down (about time).

On the other hand (not so positive) , it seems that Palestinian Terror is on the rise on Campus's here in the United States. The latest... Death threats against College Republicans at SFSU. More> The link is to an article by Lee Kaplan at FrontPageMagazine.com November 23, 2004.

Well that's it for today,

Baltic Waves







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home