Monday, November 29, 2004

Glad to be an only child!

I was talking to a friend yesterday who was telling me about her Thanksgiving day. It seems that her brother and his wife were there for the family get together at her mothers. There are three kids in the family two sisters and one brother . All three are adults in there 30's and 40's. Her mother is recently widowed , retired and has a pension that she is receiving. Apparently the sons wife demanded that my friends mother pay for a down payment on a new house as all their friends are getting their own houses. All three "kids " are working as are their spouses. After the mother explained that she couldn't do that, the wife of the brother had a fit and stormed out!

Needless to say, the two sisters see a potential nighmare when their mother passes away (hopefully, that won't be for a long time) with the brothers wife ! When I hear stories like that I am grateful that I am able bodied and that my husband and I both are able bodied and take enough pride in ourselves that we would never assume to demand that someone else pay for our wants. I'm also glad that I am an only child from my parents marriage!
free hit counter


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home