Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Highs and Lows of life's little game

It's hard to believe that it's Wednesday already! The weekend went by quickly. While I did get some things accomplished, as usual, it was nowhere close to everything that needed to get done!

I can't believe my husband, without talking to me, has already invited people over for Thanksgiving Diner. I have exactly One Day ,Thanksgiving day off, no pre-Holidays off, and no days after Thanksgiving. Our House is a wreak, and mind you my husband insists that he is the only one that can touch the Living Room, and he still has piles of Paper and other items strewn throughout that area! ARRAAAGGGGHHHH!

It wouldn't be bad if he was the one who had to clean, cook, etc, but of course that's not the case! I'm the one who has to get everything ready for the Holiday!

I received a call from our realtor yesterday afternoon telling us that the bank was finally considering our latest offer. Supposedly they would be getting back to us latter that afternoon. While our realtor meant well by telling us this , it actually just makes it more tense to wait around. He assured us that we had the only offer etc... Well 5:00 PM came and went and still nothing. We finely got a call about 6:00 PM from our realtor stating that the bank was still deliberating (that was the good news, the bad news was that there had been two showing that same day) We are supposed to hear something latter today! I would have preferred not to know anything until a decision is made one way or another! Maybe it's just me, but I really don't need the extra stress.

We are getting down to the wire as we have until Friday to identify another property if this one does not go through. I just am not in the mood to have to deal with another monkeywrench in the plan. It's out of my hands and hopefully we will know one way or another.

..........Just got a call from our realtor and it seems that the bank is still playing around, and who knows if they will even get back with an actual answer or even a counter offer. Supposedly there have been other offers around the same price but asking for a conventional mortgage. The bank doesn't seem to be motivated, and doesn't seem to care about getting this property off their books. I would think that if indeed they have had other offers in the same range that would tell them that they are overpriced. And from their prospective a cash deal with a quick closing and fewer seller costs would be preferable. But hey, what do I know!

Maybe, possibly , we might hear something back latter today.......

Baltic Waves




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home