Thursday, November 04, 2004

A chill in the air.....

November is definitely here. This morning was another damp , chilly fall morning. Not cold enough for frost on the pumpkins but cold enough to consider bringing out the linner on the fall coat.

As I headed down the driveway to get into the car this morning I was reflecting on how quickly these days are going by. We had already changed the lawn decorations from an Inflatable Halloween pumpkin with ghosts to a Large Thanksgiving Turkey. The straw and Pumpkins are doing double duty transitioning from Halloween to Thanksgiving. The leaves are almost all fallen and the time to plant the fall bulbs is here. Unfortunately I am constantly fighting what seems to be a loosing battle with the squirrels and chipmunks for my tulip, crocus and daffodil bulbs. Every fall I go to Sam's Club, purchase somewhere between 300 to 800 bulbs, plant them in the flowerbeds and throughout the lawn only to have the darling little critters dig them up . Arrrggggghhhh!
Any suggestions on how to prevent the little buggers from digging up the bulbs?

I was able to stop at JOANN Fabrics yesterday and I picked up some wonderful Silk floral pieces at 70% Off! These are perfect for the rest of November and then they'll be put away until next fall. My husband is a train collector and we have a number of different gage tracks around our house including a 7 1/2 " railway and a
G gage railway. While at JOANN's I picked up some ceramic Halloween themed houses that that should work well with one of his model railway towns in the back yard for next Halloween. At 70% off, I thought it would be a nice present for him! Unfortunately they had sold out of the scarecrows and their Halloween patterns were still at full price. Oh well, can't always get what we want, but I still feel good about the bargins I did get!

Baltic Waves








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home