Monday, December 14, 2009

Time to Simplify my Life

After taking a good hard look at my life I realize its time to simplify, get rid of things, possession's, and even people...

Therefore my resolution for the rest of my life is to do just that.... If I haven't used some thing or missed something for at least the last 2-3 years, time to evaluate and get rid of it if it is no longer of value to me.

I am a pack rat, there are still boxes in the attic that haven't been touched since we moved into this house 10 years ago..... I am fairly certain that I can get rid of most of those items. We are constantly getting calls from various organizations asking for donations of items, off it goes to be used by someone else.....

The same holds true of people in our lives, I feel that if after a number of years I am the only one that is making an effort, maybe its time to move on. This is even true of family members.... I have half brothers and half sisters that I have been trying my whole life to have relationships with. (I am an only child from my parents marriage, my father remarried and had 5 more kids) I call, try to make an effort to get together with them, send presents to their kids, etc... and after all these years I realize that there is only one brother who does the same. Another brother sometimes will keep in touch , if I call first, the third brother and two sisters do not even attempt to , nor do their kids.

My youngest half sister who has never invited me to her kids birthdays etc.... posted a comment on a Facebook picture I had of myself with a friends child about a month ago. Her comment was " I thought you don't like kids", my response was , "I do like the kids that I get to know". So here it is , I'm looking at Facebook this weekend, and there she is, going on about a Christmas party for her two sons and how much fun it was for the family to be there...
as usual , I am not family as far as she is concerned....

The other sister was in town for 3 weeks earlier this summer, constantly posting about all the get togethers with family, and never responded to a number of calls and emails from myself, so to both of them, I am finally saying , no more ... I am writing them off as apparently they have of myself. Same is true of the nieces and nephews, after all , if I never get a thank you , a call or anything, well, enough is enough...

That's a start.... more to come.....one step at a time.....


free hit counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home