Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weather.....

Here it is Tuesday morning in the great Midwest Chicago land area, and it is wet! With all the hupla last night and even this morning about the freezing rain I actually left the house at 5:00 AM thinking it would be the commute from hell..... actually, it wasn't all that bad. On a great morning , with little traffic, I can make it into work in about an hour, this morning , it was an hour and 20 minutes.

So.... I am hopeing that the temps stay around the 30's and that the weather men are wrong,..... we'll see what this afternoon brings.... (Hey, at least I get to take the train home tonight!)

On another note, a friend just underwent major surgery yesterday, she broke her neck in a fall last week that she took on her deck. She's been battling alcoholism for the last 18 months or so, and she had been drinking when she took the fall, I'm hopeing and praying that she recovers from this without any paralysis and that maybe this will be the wake up call she needs to get her life back on track. Unfortunately even last week she seemed to be in denial about how bad her drinking problem was. I'm keeping her in my prayers, I'm hoping that others will also.

Well, please keep warm and safe everyone....



free hit counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home